10 Superfoods You Should Be Eating!
Superfoods = Superwoman…you BET!!
We all want to be healthy, right? We want to feel genuinely good about being alive, and being as pain free, and stress free as possible…right? But how do we get there?
I am a huge fan of “What you put INTO your body…you get OUT.” aka “Superfoods!” Studies have shown that putting nutrient dense foods (the foods that carry the most nutrients in them) in our bodies can lead us to live a longer and healthier life by keeping our systems functioning properly, and lowers our chance for disease.
It is known also (studies don’t really need to show) that processed foods are:
- Laden with fat and sugar,
- Have or no nutritional value,
- Can weaken our immune system,
- Cause inflammation in our body and cause obesity to name just a few items.
I don’t know about you, but I want to ENJOY my life, and feel GOOD about it! Yes…life can be crazy, hectic, and very stressful…mostly due to things that are out of my control. The good news is, I can control how I feel by controlling what I put into my “fuel” tank daily.
What I eat can have a huge impact on my mood, energy and overall health and well-being! I don’t know about you…but I want to put things in it that are GOOD for me…so I can face those days with energy and a clear mind. Coffee can help…but you need WHOLE foods to fuel your body and be the Superwoman you were meant to be!
Here are some Superfoods you SHOULD be eating:
- Apple- ( yup…1 a day keeps the Dr. away…) The skins have anticancer benefits, and lots of antioxidants. They are in season now…chose your favorite.
- Blueberries- These little rascals are FULL of cancer fighting antioxidants, low in calories, and ½ a cup of these has about as much fiber as a slice of whole grain bread!
- Broccoli- My personal fave! These cruciferous veggies are powerhouses of nutrients…one of the 10 most popular veggies eaten in the U.S. Loaded with fiber and LOTS of calcium and iron and folate.
- Quinoa- or the “Mother Grain” is high in protein, and an amino acid called Lysine, which is known to aid in tissue repair and growth. Has a nutty flavor and is very versatile.
- Avocados-Full of good fats called monounsaturated fats, potassium, magnesium and Vitamin E. These fruits (yes, fruits) provide a source of useable food energy…great on salads!
- Wild Salmon-Full of omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin D, and protein to name a few. Keeps hair and skin looking great! Known as a fatty fish, can help with brain development of fetus during pregnancy.
- Kale- Yay! I LOVE kale! This leafy green is chock full of cancer-fighting antioxidants, and has made a name for itself the last couple of years…literally one of the healthiest foods of all vegetables!
- Sweet potatoes-My ultimate fave veggie! Full of fiber, and beta carotene which can help to stabilize blood sugar…so delicious you can eat them any time of the year
- Beans/Legumes-They are the ideal vegetarian food source. Full of protein and carbohydrates and loaded with fiber and B vitamins…makes being a vegetarian pretty easy!
- Garlic-who doesn’t love this? Used in almost every household, garlic is nature’s antibiotic, and anti-inflammatory go to plant. Has medicinal properties, and makes food more palatable.
These are some of my go to Superfoods. I challenge YOU to try a few of these if you never have. I can guarantee that by choosing these kinds of foods and adding them to your diet, you will reap huge benefits. Your tank will be full, your mind will think more clearly, you will have more energy for the thing called LIFE.
Superwoman you can be! Yes, the stress will come, no doubt…so…remember…what you put INTO your body, is what you get OUT! In the “Comments Below” let me know how you prepare these fine Superfoods – we can share and encourage others to put a Superfood a day into their diet!