Easy No Cook Chia Oatmeal Pudding
This easy no cook Chia Oatmeal Pudding is a great pre-workout snack or midday pick-me-up. I am always looking for a quick snack that I can feel good about eating…and that gives me the energy I need to get through the day. Packed with Omega 3’s, fiber and protein, this pudding will have you wanting to experiment more to make it your own! Most Americans do not adhere to a healthy diet, therefore most do not get enough Omega 3’s in their diet. This is one easy way to incorporate those omega 3’s into your snack time.
According to a great article by Kris Gunnars, BSC; he says bottom line… “Chia seeds are among the most nutritious foods on the planet.”
The magic is in those little balls of gelatinous love…the Chia seeds!
You will want to make this and give it time to “set” so the chia seeds can thicken and make your “pudding” the perfect consistency. These powerful little seeds are really strange…they plump up to a gelatinous form when in contact with a fluid of any kind…beware of eating them raw…may cause some uncomfortable tummy issues!
Mix all ingredients together and let set a minimum of 1-2 hours. I usually do overnight or before work in the morning so I can enjoy before my workout.
• ½ Cup of oats
• 1 ½ Tbsp. Chia seeds
• 1 ½ Tbsp. ground flax
• 1-2 Cups of milk of choice
• Dried fruits (raisins, cranberries)
• 1 Tsp. cinnamon and allspice
• ½ scoop of your fave protein powder ( I use a vanilla vegan powder)
• 2 Tbsp. slivered almonds, walnuts etc. (if you like nuts)
• Sweetener of your choice –to taste (agave, honey, Splenda, stevia)
You can experiment with your own concoction and make it your own. Call it a no cook oatmeal or pudding…I like to think of it as desert!
Fun facts about Chia seeds:
• They have about 2,400 mg of omega-3s per serving (1tbsp).
• They also boast about 700-1000 mg of omega-6
• Chia has 300-700mg of omega-9’s.
• Chia contains important minerals like manganese and calcium
• Chia is related to the mint family
• They can absorb up to 12 times their weight in water!
• Omega-3’s help reduce inflammation (yay!)
I hope this bit of information gives you inspiration to make one small change toward a healthier YOU…because YOU are worth it!
Like my posts? Subscribe on my blog and don’t forget to acknowledge and check spam folder!